Thursday, August 7, 2008

Smurf it all

There seems to be a pattern here.

A television-watching pattern.

Okay. Okay. It's the only way that I can get 23 minutes of peace and quiet and less "Moom, look at ________ " (Insert anything there. anything )

Tonight's menu: Smurfs. Just in case you didn't remember, if you listen closely, you just might hear Gargamel's rage.

I never realized how often they replace an adjective with "Smurf".

That's a Smurfingly Smurf storm Smurfing our way!
Oh Smurf is me!
There are times, Clumsy, when you Smurf my patience.

Okay, I made that first one up, but sometimes, I swear...I just swear.

Smurfette is currently wearing rose-colored glasses and is seeing Gargamel as someone handsome and lovely and I think he looks a lot like Bruce Campbell. A cartoon Bruce Campbell. Ha!

Well, enough of the play by play of my cartoon life.

Work is boring and I have zero motivation. None whatsoever. I've been sitting, listening to the Twilight series audio books and what I read and enjoyed last year or so is now annoying the hell out of me and my listening to it.
Either it's the realization that the main character whines and complains NON-STOP or the fact that the reader of said stories is also annoying as hell and I do not enjoy her rendition of the books.
I was so bugged this morning that I did some fast forwarding. "Whine. Click. Whine. Click."
I IM'd a friend and asked her when Edward came back in the second book because I'm sick and tired of all the wo is me.

I just finished The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly and really enjoyed it. Went to the library to find book two as it is a trilogy. Yeah, right. No such luck there.

I will be biding my time at work tomorrow, ordering a few reads from Amazon. That is one of the only places I can go online without being blocked.

Took the kids to the dentist Monday and the thumb sucker's JAW is being repositioned due to the thumb sucking.

SIGH

Her teeth aren't doing anything, but her jaw, of all things, is. Help me.
I really need an intervention involving her and her thumb. I don't want it to involve taking away her blanket or shaving her head...since the blanket and her hair immediately send the thumb into her mouth.

No comments: