Thursday, September 25, 2008

Completely baffled

I did the take the kids to dance fiasco tonight, and I must say, I'm getting better at it.

I take the first one a little before 4:30, she puts her adorable ballet slippers on, she lets me leave after a smoochy four-year old kiss, I go back to the car where the seven-year old waits, we do her homework...lots of math this year so far, she reads, I read, I send her in about 4:50.

I rush home like a mad-woman, already have work-out clothes on the DVD is on and waiting, I do 25 minutes of Jilliankickingmyass, rush back, pick up B. Depending on how motivated I have been, I either sit with her in the car and look through books together, or we go to Arby's and get 5 for $5.95. I actually cut a pork loin and put it in marinade the other night and I did a fantastic juggling job of grilling kabobs and showering children at the same time.

Damn. Sometimes I am good.

The real reason I am on here tonight is because of the baffling mess of the presidential election. The husband tuned me in to a Katie Couric interview with Caribou Barbie (as my uncle pleasantly referred to her as earlier today) Palin so we watched it on youtube via the AppleTV. We then looked for Letterman's lack of interview last night and I am just amazed. Baffled, disturbed, horribly scared of what might happen if those two people get elected to office. Auuurrrrggghhh.

I have been in ongoing debates at work, and it either seems that people are just not voting, voting for McCain because he's a Republican, and I live in one of the reddest states in the country, so it is discouraging trying to talk to people who don't want to even listen. I'm not sure if it's a religion thing. OKAY! It IS a religion thing, and I just do not get it. I guess I never will. I am a complete 180 from my parent's that sometimes if I didn't look like my father, I would wonder where the hell I actually came from.

My boss forewarned a co-worker on his way in to work this afternoon, to watch out for me, because I was on one.

So I left him a message on his dry-erase board in his office. ha ha

I am very much looking forward to the debate tomorrow night. I should get off my duff and reply to my Obama emails and set-up a debate watching party in my area.

Gin, Tonic and fresh salsa anyone?

2 comments:

Steph said...

ha ha .. one of your interests is chatting with truck drivers .. ha ha .. ha ha.. I found you!

Laurel and the boys said...

Nice, I'm so glad we're on the same page on this one!! (I should have figured we would be, we're both brilliant!)