Friday, January 25, 2008

If I had just started the night there......

How do I love thee, couch? Let me count the ways.

I have now slept on the couch 6 days out of the last 7. It's getting to be quite the little comfort zone for me and my cough.
And notice how close in spelling couch and cough are. Coincidence? I'd like to say no.

I should have just started out on the couch last night. Instead, I took narcotic cough medicine (add that to my list, thank you doctor for prescribing it), a muscle relaxer...to help kick in the *sleeping* part of the medicine which had kept me awake, hallucinating, the night before, was comfy in my BED and almost asleep...but then I had a husband next to me, reading....awake...with his light on...until almost eleven....and I'm tired DAMMIT. I have clocked in 6 hours of sleep in the past 3 days and TIRED...and he keeps me UP and turns in to immediately fall into his "falling-asleep-jerks" And *I* start coughing....fitful coughing and pissed because he has messed up my notion of actually getting some sleep.
So I storm off with S's princess blanket to my friend, the couch. And he wants to know why I'm leaving.
Because you have hindered my sleep, that's why!
And I was an ornery beast most of the day. Not really to anyone at work, other than telling them to, point blank, "Shut up" and "You are a Slut" But that all goes with the territory, and it was all in fun. But ornery inside and annoyed and Raaawr!

I told my boss on the way out (late) that I was starting to feel neglected and we are 0 for 2 on our "bi-monthly meetings"
This is after I get called into big bosses office to go over a letter in response to some ridiculous complaint from one of our insureds. After they get our response and see what a total PITA this insured was, they had better send us a box of cookies for our pain and suffering and an apology.

Well, my orney ass is going to wrap this up and get on with what's for dinner and start this weekend.
Let's hope for some non-couch sleeping this weekend.

No comments: