Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Reality really does bite. And what is this word, *Brink*?

Do you ever feel like you are at the brink of going mad?

If one more thing gets added to your list of things to do for the day, week, month, year... you might just snap?

I have delightfully reached this milestone and thought I would share my joy and happiness with you while I am being interrupted by the husband who has yet, again, remarkably made it home late for the umpteenth time for the past five years.

Just when I am ready to just explode, S tells me that she needs a white, 3-ring binder for school all the while the girls are bouncing up and down, jabbering while I'm trying to eat dinner and the husband is teasing S who melts down because he took 2 inches of licorice from her mouth that she was dangling over his plate.

What I really want to do is go upstairs, give myself 20 minutes of heavy, heavy weight lifting, enough to bust out in pouring sweat, take a quick shower with Aveda calming shower gel, get into bed after dosing myself with some Unisom-like drug, a glass of wine and read until I pass out.

What I'm going to do in all reality is go play some princess game with the kids, get mocked, smacked, slobbered on by the dog, and annoyed to high hell and then finally get to bed, late, after the dishes are done, bags are packed, clothes are picked out for school tommorw and all the other millions of things I need to get done.

No comments: