Saturday, May 2, 2009

Rainy weekend

So I haven't updated or posted photos in a while... Amber, hint hint....and the last four, out of five weekends have been rainy. At least that is what the weather dorks have told me.

We went camping over S's Spring break and it was beautiful. The first day we went out hiking, we forgot about, uhm yeah, the sun and it's effect on skin, so three of us got a little burnt, but not too bad. It's hard to remember that when it's only 65, it is still sunny and you can get burnt. (duhhh)





Sherman has been on a roll lately too. The woman we adopted our dogs from did mention that dacshunds will eat and eat and eat, and she was not joking. Sherman got into the basement a few months ago and chewed through a hung up target bag, pulled out a bag of marshmallows (strawberry ones no less) and ate all but about nine, large marshmallows. They he proceeded to blow up. He didn't explode, but we were waiting.



He also knocked off an entire heaping bowl of catfood that we prepared for the cat over the camping adventure, consumed it, and then we drove for 5 hours in the car. When we reached said camping spot, he drank a bowl of water like it was going out of style and we literally watched his stomach expand to the point of popping. I took him out for a potty break and he threw up. Ewwww. He does moan, like he is miserable, when he does this and I just giggle. I can't help myself.
Some animals never learn.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I'm convinced Amber will never post again. Or, she just moved to a new blogspot without telling me.

You know, when I read your posts, they make me laugh because I'll be innocently reading along and then you'll write something that totally makes me laugh out loud. Love it.