Friday, August 17, 2007

All night long she did this..

S was up most of the night, doing sick-kid things. 9:30, just after we had finally got B to bed, I hear a "Mom" upstairs and a rush to the toilet and lots of barfing. Yes, I know, it's not pretty, it's not fun to write about, but, it is the life of having kids. She threw up again at 10, 11, 12, 1 and the final spewing out of both ends at 2:00. I was cleaning various articles of clothing at 2 am. And got up at 5:30 to go to the delightful workplace.
Needless to say, I had a lot of work that needed some finalization and so did the husband, so we swaped work shifts...I got home at noon and he left. He also cleaned. I was honestly floored. I expected to come home to see it in the same state, if not worse, than when I had left. But, he had done laundry, sprayed for bugs, kept the sick kid in good spirits in front of the TV and had picked up the family room....now, I just need to vacuum that clean room.
I had just gotten on top of my camping laundry, and then this. Aurgh. I did go through S's closet which was overrun with too-small clothes, and organized a few things. She starts first grade on the 29th. I'm trying not to freak out, mommy-style.
I also went to get myself some homeopathic stress pills...I'm a stress-case. Work, kids, pending jaw work, work, kids, pain. = stress, and lots of it. I'm sure this is the case with most people these days. I don't know how you could *not* be stressed.
Well, it is Friday evening, the kids and I are watching an old Brady Bunch episode waiting for the husband to get home and we'll most likely eat in shifts. S is not hungry, B is picky and everyone is tired.
I guess I'd better go find out what to feed these people. I sound like a broken record.

No comments: