Friday, November 9, 2007

Her name was Yoshimi...

...she had a blackbelt in karate.

I can't seem to get that song out of my head. The Flaming Lips, if anyone is curious.

I am sitting upstairs on the bed with my sicko B next to me. She has two hollow legs this morning and keeps eating and asking for something more.
She's got the croup, it's so sad. She seems to have a non-stop cold, and it will get nasty for a day or two then back down for a few and then flare up again. Poor kid. But she came in our room about one o'clock this morning, just barking, it sounded horrible. So I started a humidifier in her room, put some warm clothes on, wrapped her in a blanket and we went outside for awhile to breathe in the cold night air. I've always heard that helps. She wasn't too thrilled with being outside so I told her to look at all the stars. It was pretty, and quiet, except for the freeway which can get so loud at night.
I then got to sleep (okay, there was no sleeping involved for me) in her toddler bed with her for an hour while she tossed and turned and I got elbowed and kicked all while trying to stay on the bed.
So the husband and I are swapping work, at least I think that is the plan. He left around 5:30 as he has a deadline this morning...something that needs to go to press before noon. I really don't have any deadlines at work, but we all just swapped desks and I would like to be there to make sure that my more wienie-employees don't have a meltdown due to change.
I went from a large desk to a much smaller desk and you don't see me complaining...when I very well could since I don't have room to do anything. Oh well. Honestly, I don't plan to be there much longer, so kae-sera-sera...how ever you spell that.
I'm giving it to the end the year...blah blah. I also spoke to new boss about two months ago where he said I could get the raise I was asking for...and do you think I've even SPOKEN with him since then? NO! He totally goes out of his way to not speak with me. It is so irritating.
The other irritating thing is is that I have extreme anxiety issues and any sort of confrontation just kills me. Spins me into a red, blotchy mess.
I started Zoloft about three weeks ago, got pulled in to an impromptu meeting a few days ago, and handled it well. Whew.
My newest boss knows about what I'm going through, so that is good. He also knows that I'm ready to get out.
I don't want to sound like I'm a super person, but if I leave, I really don't know what they'd do. I mean, if I were them, I'd be doing whatever in my power to make sure I'm at least a little bit happy. We are very understaffed to begin with, which is okay, it gives us a better change for keeping the bottom line in sync...less money being spent on extras in essence should mean more money to give to me and that raise I was promised. Oh HA HA HA. Blah!
I do know of a few people who are actively in the searching and interviewing for new jobs too, and that will leave them shorthanded in a different area which I told my new boss a few weeks ago that I don't even want to go to that area because of the bitches that work there. No thank you.
Well, this is becoming the once a month bitch fest via me and I should probably go do laundry and clean up the kitchen...since, if I remember correctly, the last time the husband and I swapped work shifts due to a sick child, he had cleaned up the house pretty spiffy.
I should probably do a little of the same since some sick kid is lacking in clean pajamas.

No comments: